Working Mom of Three

I can’t believe the time has come.  In less than 12 hours, I will be in room 307, teaching Mathematics to 12 – 14- year olds.  It feels like Day One of Back to School, except it’s the middle of March.  Earlier this afternoon, I was panicking.  I couldn’t find my school keys.  I remembered keeping them instead of turning them in to the caretaker just before I left for my maternity leave.  It took a little bit of searching and it’s now attached to my purse.

Today, we stayed home all day, with the exception of going for a walk to get some groceries.  All weekend long, I felt the need to get the house back in order since I would be going back to work this week.  I would hate to come home to a messy house.  So I at tidied up the front at least.  It made me feel better. But the rest of the house is still a work in progress.

I guess you can say that I am anxious about returning to work.  The morning rush out the door will likely be the biggest source of stress for me.  I need to leave the house by 7:45 am, drop off W at daycare by 8:00 am, then drop V off at 8:20 am at her school.  If all works out, then I should be entering the school doors by 8:30 am.  That gives me 15 min to catch my breath, organize myself for the day as the kids enter the building by 8:45 am.  I know, it’s tight.  But what can I do?

My time as a working mom of three will be very busy.  I’m not even sure what spare time is going to look like, honestly.  At the end of the day bell, I have to rush out to pick up V and then W, get home to make dinner.  At least, we’ll be home by 4:30 pm – with some time to spare to make dinner.  Z gets home between 4:30 pm and 5:15 pm so we usually eat before 5:30pm.  By 6:00pm, I’m getting W ready for bedtime.  The other two kids have lights out by 7:45 pm.  The rest of the night is going to busy – packing lunches and trying to prepare for my classes the next day.

Lately, W has been feeling much better but her sleep at night is still not great.  She usually wakes about 2.5-3 hours into the first part of the night.  Then she may or may not stay up coughing from 1-3 am.  I really hope that she sleeps for the rest of the night.  I was so exhausted last night – W stayed up from 9:30 pm – 12:30 am.  I had to ask M to take her and he ended up sitting in the chair holding her for 2 hours.  Then I don’t remember when she woke up again. But she work up at 6:20 am this morning – a little too early for my liking.

Wish me luck tomorrow.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s