It’s Happening 

It is Sunday – the day before W’s first day at daycare.  I have been so anxious and nervous for the last few days.  I wouldn’t be as worried if she wasn’t sick again.  This time, her cough came back and she’s got runny nose and discharge coming out from her tear ducts.  Poor girl!  She is really having it rough.  Last night and tonight, she fell asleep fast for bedtime but also woke up soon – like within the first hour.   So far, she has woken up twice and is just miserable.  Last night, I had to stay in the bed because every time she stirred, she would check for me.  If I wasn’t there, she’d wake and cry so I went to bed early.

Some updates on her communication skills.  I’ve been very impressed with her lately. Yesterday, she was pulling at her diaper shirt in the front and saying “papa” to me.  It turns out “papa” meant poopoo.  It clicked in when I remembered how she would say “papa” and wave her hand to say “bye bye to poopoo” as we flushed the toilet.  And guess what?  She poo’d when I put her on the potty.  I hope she doesn’t regress because our diaper use has reduced significantly and I quite like it.

Because she poos in the potty, we only use 2 pull-ups per day. A change in the morning when she wakes, a change before nap and a fresh one before bedtime.  She’s the most successful – maybe because I’m more familiar with her signs and cues.  It’s actually not that difficult to tell.  One just needs to pay more attention to their child.  In fact, this morning, when she woke up, she was tugging at her sleeper and grunting.  I knew she wanted it off and asked her if she needed to go potty and she did her whole body nodding.  So I asked M to take her and she did!

On Friday, I had both W and Z. He didn’t want to go back to the PFLC since most kids that attend are toddlers. I don’t blame him. So we hung out at Bayview Village instead. He’s been asking if I could take him to Chapters and Mastermind.Our first stop was the bookstore since it opened at 9:30 am. We stayed for about a hour, just browsing around. I let W loose and she enjoyed walking around the store. Z was on his own, checking out some books and toys.  He bought a new Big Nate book. He’s 7 and is reading books in the 9-12 category.

I took Z for lunch at South St. although he wanted pasta at Il Fornello’s.  It wasn’t going to open for another 30 min and I needed to take W home for a nap by noon.  W just ate fries since she wouldn’t eat the burger.  Of course, Z loves to pepper his food and he reached for the pepper mill to season his fries.  Next thing I know I hear the sound of a few hundred peppercorns spilling everywhere.  It was all over the tray, the table, and even a few got into the drink cup.  It was a mess.  Luckily, it was dry so I just brushed all of them onto the tray and disposed of them.  Hygiene reasons. Oh well.

Now that W is going to be at daycare, part of me feels sad, and part of me is happy.  I’m finally going to get some ME time – a whole week!   I just hope W adjusts well to daycare.  I know she’ll be upset when I drop her off but I also know that she’s in good hands.I’m worried about her crying during naptime and not sleeping enough.  I know.  I’m being a worry wart.  Who am I kidding?  This is child number three.  I should be used to it by now but I am not.  This kid is different.  Each of them are!  Sigh.

Already, my mind is racing with all the things I can will try to get done while I’m by myself.  The list will be long and I’ll have to be realistic.  Most importantly, I need to get a haircut.  This post pregnancy hair needs to be thinned out.  And maybe a manicure as well.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s