Above Zero

Happy Valentine’s Day!

It feels like a while since I last posted.  What feels even longer is the this cough and cold that I’ve had since the last week of January.  I don’t recall being sick for this long ever.  Ever.  At most, it’s a week.  Every  morning I wake up with a lot of phlegm in my nasal cavity and my throat.  Admittedly, it hasn’t been that great for sleeping either.  I’m hoping to kick this soon coz it sucks to be sick!

On the plus side, the day started out with W waking up at 8.  That is late for her, considering she usually wakes between 6-6:45 am.  I should backtrack and tell you a bit about last night.  M has been putting her to bed after I read to her and nurse her for the last 2-3 weeks.  It has been going very well, until the last week.  W has been waking up crying multiple times before midnight.

Last night was no different.  W woke up crying every hour, after the third time, I took over since she was just miserable with M.  I ended up bringing her into our bed for the rest of the night.  I just needed her to sleep.  We are on the path to start sleep training sometime soon – before March.  We just have not decided on how and when exactly to begin.  M has volunteered to do it since I’m too weak for this.  I can not stand to hear her cry.  Anyhow, she slept pretty good for most of the  night, until the dreaded 4:30 am wakeup – this has been happening quite often lately.  So I took her back to her room, sat on the rocker and nursed her back to sleep.

By the time I brought her back into our bed, it was already minutes after six.  The other two kids were already awake.  I went back to sleep out of exhaustion and woke up around 7:35 am and left the room, with W still sleeping in the bed.  I went and got ready in the bathroom and helped V get ready as well.  M couldn’t change because W was in the room still.  So we waited until she woke up.  She was in a really good mood.  Immediately, I saw the opportunity to push her nap to after lunch in hopes of helping her ease the transition into the one-nap when she goes to daycare.

Currently, she’s been asleep since 12:20 pm.  I set up the 4th baby monitor camera (I know, we have four!  Why?  One for each of the two older kids and one in W’s room.  I didnt want to move it back and forth.)  in our room  so I could do things downstairs.  In the time I came down, I had lunch, set up the sous vide for the London Broil, made six number greeting cards, and started this post.  I love that I can be so much more productive when she’s sleeping.

I had a nice time with W this morning.  It’s so different when I don’t have to rush home to nap her after dropping V off at school.  Since we didn’t get to eat breakfast because of her late wakeup, we went to Starbucks.  We shared a breakfast sandwich and I had a tall Blonde coffee.  We sat for about half an hour and just relaxed.  W said hi to everyone we encountered. She really makes people giggle. After we went to the mall since I had a return to do.  I also needed to buy a gift for a bday party this weekend.

I love Walmart.  Ok, seriously, I found some really cute stuff there.  I know how a lot of people do not like Walmart, even M, but the stuff there is pretty good.  I loved the clothing I found.  I would totally wear them if they had adult sizes.  Since kids go through clothing so much as they grow, I find it’s to worth it to spend a lot on clothes they are not going to wear for a long time.  I don’t like spending more than $7-8 on tees.  Honestly, $4-5 is a great price!  I found a cute romper for V and I know she’s going to love it. She used to have one from H&M that she wore a lot, until she got it caught and it ripped at the thigh.  So I have cut off the legs and am planning to make them into short rompers instead.  Just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.

Anyway, here are the cards I have made earlier.  Three of them I used a cut out from a wrapping paper and the other three I hand drew.  I quite like them.  I prefer them to the store-bought greeting cards since I find them so pricey.  I’m all about DIY and hand made.  If we could afford to, I would continue to stay home and craft and eventually sell what I make.  But we are not there yet. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s