Last night I made steamed bun dough while M was out with his colleagues. I re-steamed them this morning and it was a hit with all three kids! But because M is gluten-free he couldn’t eat them. So I made Chinese Fried Rice.
Our household loves rice. We go through rice so quickly that I need to buy a 40-lb rice to make it last a long time. Another thing we have is a 10-cup rice cooker. (I know what you are thinking – who eats 10 cups of rice?!?!) Well, we do – but not in one sitting, obviously. I like to make extra because you can always just microwave rice to reheat. And if it gets stale, all the better to make fried rice with! Also, when I make sushi rolls, I go through a lot of rice so it’s better to cook it in the rice cooker.
Chinese Fried Rice
- 2 pcs Chinese Sausage
- 2 pieces of green onions, chopped
- 3 cups stale rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce 0r 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp veg or canola oil
- Heat wok until smoking and add oil.
- Scramble eggs in the hot oil until cooked.
- Add a handful of green onions (or omit if you don’t like).
- Add Chinese Sausage and stir for about a minute.
- Toss in stale rice and cook, tossing to distribute the heat and ingredients evenly.
- Season with soy sauce and/or salt.